Sunday, January 31, 2010

DQS8 finished

I finished my doll quilt swap mini today...I am pretty happy the way it turned out...this was the first time I have ever done a project with so many points, might be my last. :) I can see now why the "wonky" style is so popular, you don't have to be so precise. Each of the little star blocks are 3 1/2", tiny! I hope my partner likes it. I will send it off in the next week or so, I need to go and find some goodies to send along with it.
Here is a lovely action shot of the kids "helping" me blow out my candles, Emily was really getting into it....I will post later this week a quilt Emily made me for my birthday, I just love it, and she was so proud of herself.


5 comments:

  1. Your mini turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I don't suppose I mentioned that you were the one who inspired me to sign up for DQS8? Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute little quilt! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!!! I have been afraid to try the wonky star, yours looks fabulous!!!
    Sophia :-)

    ReplyDelete