Saturday, September 4, 2010

giving back

Yesterday our family made a visit to the Hospice House of Spokane. This time it was for a happy occasion. I have blogged about my in-laws before, both my in-laws passed away 6 months apart, both at The Hospice House in 2008. Not long after they passed my husband asked if I would make a quilt that we could donate, later we decided on making one for each of them.


My handsome hubbie with the special delivery yesterday.

In Memory of my Mother-in-Law Carol.




In Memory of my Father-in-Law Gary.
From our wedding October 2004.

I must admit it was a bit surreal pulling into the parking lot again, full of cars....I found myself remembering back to doing that so many times before, my husband mentioned he found himself looking for his brother's cars in the parking lot. We instructed the kids to be on their best behavior and to be so, so quiet when Jack realized what was going on he got a little excited and said "Grandma and Grandpa are here???" that broke my heart....It felt good to give back to the place that helped my in-laws so much during their final days. I found myself thinking about the patients that would be using these quilts and their families saying goodbye to their loved ones and so happy that my husband asked me to make something so special like a quilt that gives comfort and warmth to people just like his parents did to him. We miss you Carol and Gary so, so much.



















3 comments:

  1. so nice. and so cute of little jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and thoughtful way to honor their memory! You did such a wonderful job on their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the most perfect and beautiful way to use your quilt-making talent. Thanks for sharing the delivery with us.

    ReplyDelete