Sunday, September 12, 2010

back to school sew along part 2

Several weeks ago Meagan posted on her blog about a "back to school sew along", perfect just what I needed for a little motivation with a pattern I have had for awhile....lookie what I made with it....Here is Emily "modeling" her new jumper...problem is....apparently she "just isn't into wearing skirts/dresses anymore" WHAT THE?????!!!!! There was a time that I could not even beg or plead or bribe the girl to wear leggings let along a pair of jeans (gasp!!)



Anyway....I had to bribe her to do this little "photo shoot" with some pumpkin pie...good grief, some people's children....



She chose the orange buttons which I was pleasantly surprised because usually everything is pink or purple or lately a little turquoise but orange was not what I expected when I asked her to pick the buttons.....AND...pay no attention to the gap in the middle of the jumper, I did not buy enough buttons but will be this week so the little scrapper can wear this when I beg and plead now that "she just isn't into wearing skirts/dresses" what the?!!!!!!!?!?!?!?


Somewhat of a happy camper...knowing she has pumpkin pie coming.......


1 comment:

  1. Too cute!! Adorable photos!

    I sympathize with you. My little girl abruptly decided the same exact thing and hasn't worn a dress or skirt since 3rd grade (she's now in the 8th). It's a killer for a mom who likes to sew! Ha ha! The rest of my children are 3 boys, go figure! So now I have to make dresses for myself!!

    ReplyDelete