Tuesday, April 20, 2010

not much sewing going on....

So.......we went camping two weekends ago....ummmm.....well........long story short....coming out of our friends trailer I turned my ankle.....BAD....the sound my ankle made was just about as bad as the pain.....holy smokes!!! My husband was sitting by the fire and told me to "walk it off" the other husband (my hubs friend) came running to my aide, never mind that his wife was laughing...ouch, ouch, ouch!!! Needless to say I have not been sewing much this past week but there is good news....it was my left ankle not my right so I can still drive and use the foot peddle for my sewing machine....had an x-ray a few days after my spill....I get to wear a big ol clunky boot on my foot for the next 3 weeks....my husband felt really bad after that for saying "walk it off".

This is my son pretending to be Grandpa, if you knew my dad you would think this is pretty funny, even down to the coffee cup.

Emily and my niece, they are 11 months apart and right now they are missing the same teeth, pretty cute.



It has been beautiful weather here this past week, the kids even busted out their swim suits on Sunday afternoon, yeah for sunny April days!



The only sewing have done this past week was this little quilt. I mentioned this project in this post. It is not my choice of fabrics or blocks but it is not for me it is for a sick kiddo somewhere out there and I was happy to make this for them. All of the fabric was already cut up, all I had to do was sew the blocks, then sew them all together, add the borders....even the backing fabric was in the kit, so easy all it took from me was a little time, thread and a few prayers for a little one out there that will enjoy this.



1 comment:

  1. Crummy about your foot! Hope it heals quickly :)

    ReplyDelete