Friday, March 19, 2010

quilt retreat at my house!

For the first time since I was pregnant with my oldest (7 years ago) I have the house to myself! No kids, no hubs, no nephew (that is an entire different blog post right there!). So what's a "stay at home mom" to do with herself? I am staying home and SEWING! YAHOO!!! I have a little list of things I have been wanting to finish, start, think about, brain storm you name it and this is the weekend it is going to happen. Yesterday I cut A LOT of squares for a throw sized snow ball quilt, I cut out all the pieces I need for a Heather Ross Munki Munki wonky star mini (say that 10 times fast). I am going to finish the borders of my own Flea Market Fancy mini, make 4 more blocks to join my 2008 BOM for my parents 40th Anniversary quilt (which I finished the second 1/2 of 2008 BOM several weeks ago, yahoo!) And if I get to it....I would like to start and get caught up with the pinwheel sampler going on over here.



Can you tell I am excited!? I get so burned out being home all the time with the kids, can drive a person mad but when you have the entire house for 2 nights, 2 days with NO ONE? Totally different story....well I must go, I am also in the middle of watching the Gonzaga Bulldogs play! GO ZAGS!

1 comment:

  1. JEALOUS!!! So much possibility. Have a great time! Wish I was there, I would totally crash.

    ReplyDelete