Thursday, June 18, 2009

woo hoo for #2 (in the POTTY!!)

I know this is kinda a gross thing to post about BUT....my 2nd child, my LAST child (that is what a hystorectomy at 35 will do to ya) is ALMOST 100% potty trained and by potty trained I mean doing #1 AND #2 in the potty, no more diapers!! YAHOO!!!


My husband and I were talking the other day, E. will be 6 in August so we have been changing diaper(s) for almost 6 years! Now I know there are other people out there that have changed diapers for a lot longer than that (how about the Dugger family!?) NO WAY! J. potty trained himself at the end of last summer for going tinkle and he has been sleeping w/o a diaper for almost 6 months. We first used going to Chuck E. Cheese as a reward for going #2 in the potty, that took a few weeks for him to finally want it that bad that he went in the potty, next day....he wanted a diaper...I gave him a diaper, he went #2 then I had the brilliant idea to get rid of the diapers (never said I was a quick learner!) The next day J. comes up to me, "diaper mamma" I said, "there are no more diapers," took him over to the diaper holder in his closet and NO diapers (cue the dramatic music) ummmm well.....he did not poop for almost 3 days! BUT when he did, it was in the training potty!!


Yesterday and this morning, came right up to me...."mamma got to go poop" GREAT!!! I had to take a picture of him though...1st picture he was not happy with me getting a shot of him on the pot....2nd picture I asked him to make his eyes real big, so that is why he has the funny face, no more diapers, yahoo!!! (cue the music of angels singing!)


Anyone notice in the 2nd picture I did some clean up? No plunger or laundry on top of the sink for the 2nd picture :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to comment again (Kmhh, 2.time today...)
    But it is tooo funny I still have tears in my eyes...and..yes...shh.. I hear the angels singing;;))

    ReplyDelete